Friday, December 9, 2011

Teaching Philosphy

TEACHING PHILOSPHY

As I have gone through college, my philosophy on teaching has changed numerous times in terms of my reason for teaching, qualities of a teacher, and my involvement with student. My overall belief is in providing my students with the overall best education I can; the term education can be stated simply by saying it is the development of knowledge. This knowledge comes in many forms and is used to create independent individuals who can succeed in society in their futures. Every teacher has different thoughts and values on what education is truly comprised of, but I feel that it includes ensuring students are prepared for the world outside of the classroom, and that every individual is given equal opportunities, which are all done through a teacher with outstanding qualities.

The qualities a teacher possesses are unique because they include being compassionate, patient, leadership, content knowledge, and being influential. With all of these qualities a teacher can lead their students to be successful and achieve goals above what they expect. Being able to demonstrate leadership and compassion towards students will ensure in them that you are there for their success. The last important quality for a teacher to be successful is demonstrating to their students that they are organized and have the knowledge in their content area needed to provide success. All of these qualities will lead to trust and respect from students, which will allow for the best educational setting.

With every student having their own thoughts and values in life; the first objective I have as a teacher is to ensure that all students are given several opportunities to explore life and become more knowledgeable. This requires that my primary focus be not to teach students what I feel is important in life and my values and beliefs, but allow each student to figure out what is best for them.  By allowing students to explore different possibilities it will open the door to so many opportunities that are unique to each individual and every student will find what it is they are successful at. Every student deserves to be able to become more knowledgeable about their future and where they want to go in life. Eventually, all students will move on from the classroom and have to face society and the rest of life which can be overwhelming. Ensuring that all students are confident with their decisions, no matter what they are, and have the necessary knowledge to pursue them is my job as an educator.

Last, as a teacher I will face a variety of different students who all need different accommodations for success. As a teacher it is my job to ensure that everyone has success and feels welcome in society. This is where as a teacher compassion and patience are important factors because we have to work with every student to find out what they excel in and the right path for them in order to be successful. As a teacher in order to feel like my job is complete I have to make sure that every single student feels successful and that they have achieved more than what was imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment